Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 400 g 00 flour
- 1 sachet of freeze-dried yeast (I used mastrofornaio)
- 1/2 glass of milk
- water to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons of evo oil
- oil for frying
Ingredients for the "filling"
With the ingredients you can indulge yourself with the cold cuts and cheeses you like best, I opted for:
- Salami Campagnolo
- Parmigiano Reggiano aged 30 months
- Parma ham
- sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- green olives as garnish
1) In a bowl, sift flour with yeast, add milk, oil, salt and water to a trickle.
2) Knead vigorously until you get an elastic ball, grease it cover with a tea towel and let it rest for at least one hour.
3) After the period has passed take the dough knead it again, make small balls out of it and roll them out very thin.
4) Now form circles/squares with a pastry cutter or pastry cutter wheel. Let rise for another 20-30 minutes.
5) Fry them a few at a time in hot peanut oil, without piercing them. And remove them with a skimmer as soon as they puff up.
6) place them on blotting paper and salt them lightly on the surface.
7) serve them possibly still hot with cheese and cold cuts and maybe why not, with a good glass of dry Lambrusco!