- Duck breast (2 pieces) 1 kg
- Golden onions 130 g
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Rosemary 3 sprigs
- Thyme 4 sprigs
- Balsamic vinegar 50 g
- Honey 20 g
- Water or vegetable broth 150 g
- Misticanza salad 50 g
- To prepare duck breast with balsamic vinegar first of all you need to strip the breast of feathers, it will be enough to pull them out with tweezers
- Now remove the excess fat with the help of a knife and proceed to make cuts first obliquely and then vertically
- Repeat the same operation for the other breast, then salt and pepper both sides.
- Place a pan on the stove and let it heat up; when it is hot, lay the duck breasts in it, skin side down.
- After 3-4 minutes turn them over and let them brown on the other side as well. At this point add the hulled onion cut into wedges and the poached garlic.
- Add thyme, rosemary and deglaze with the balsamic vinegar. Let it evaporate slightly and add the water (or vegetable broth if you prefer) as well.
- Cook the duck breast for about 10 minutes (it should remain pink inside) then transfer it to a cutting board keeping the cooking liquid aside, which you will pour into a colander.
- Strain the liquid by mashing the mixture with a spoon directly into the same pan where you cooked the duck breast.
- Also add the honey and cook for 3 to 4 minutes to make a sauce. Meanwhile, slice the duck breast and lay the slices on a bed of misticanza.
- Finish the dish with the sauce you just prepared and serve your balsamic duck breast.
Recipe by GialloZafferano.