From the Christmas Eve dinner to the Epiphany stocking, the holiday season is a period full of appointments at the table: with the family, with relatives, with friends it is a coming and going of dishes that come and go and in which carbohydrates, often, they are the masters. Furthermore, even movement is reduced, so at the end of the holiday season we all feel a little heavier, swollen, tired and sleepy, and in an instant, all the efforts in the gym and diet disappear, as if by magic. !
But how to purify yourself after the holidays? Here are some tips…
- Stay hydrated: drink at least 2 liters of water a day! Water helps eliminate toxins and purify the body! It also integrates with herbal teas: green tea for example helps burn calories, rebalances the body, and is an excellent antioxidant.
- Eat five meals a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner, and at least 2 snacks. Ideal for example, a bite of Parmigiano Reggiano 4 MADONNE aged over 12 months (read the article we dedicated to this super food).
- Eat seasonal vegetables: broccoli, leeks, chicory, Swiss chard, Brussels sprouts, potatoes, savoy cabbage and so on and so forth.
- Get moving: if you don't love sports, it will be enough to walk, take long walks, or short ones of at least ten minutes, several times a day.
- Use Torre Maestra Essential Extra Virgin Olive Oil : did you know that olive oil is the best ally to "detoxify" yourself after the holidays? A real detox secret. Here's why to use it:
- For health
Olive oil carries out a protective action on the stomach, arteries and liver: some studies by Swedish researchers have shown that taking 10 grams of extra virgin olive oil a day can reduce the risk of breast cancer 45%. Furthermore, extra virgin olive oil reduces the risk of heart attack because it tends to lower the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood, favoring the increase of good cholesterol (HDL)
- As a source of beauty and youth
As early as ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome, olive oil was infused with flowers and herbs to make medicines and cosmetics. In Mycenae, for example, a list was found listing the aromas that were added to olive oil in the preparation of ointments. We have dedicated an entire article in our blog to the benefits of extra virgin olive oil, both for the body and for the skin.
- A super detox remedy for the body together with lemon juice
Mix a teaspoon of olive oil with the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon to have a natural detox effect, give great support to the liver and help it detoxify. The strong antioxidant power of these two foods will help you delay cellular aging while preserving your youth. Drink the mixture on an empty stomach, early in the morning every other day. After a few days you will feel profound benefits.